I attend a U3A Spanish group and our group leader sends us something to read and discuss each time. We then have to prepare a short talk about something to do with the article we have read. One of our recent topics was the Berlin bear. It was a little curious discussing something so German in Spanish. We had to prepare something about bears for our talk.
Well, it was rather obvious to me. I would talk about Bear, the brother of the protagonist in Girl in a Smart Uniform.
· His real name is Edelbert but Gisela couldn’t pronounce it when she was a little girl. So, he became Bear.
· He became good at doing things with his hands.
· He was sporty and athletic.
· He joined the army more because it was expected rather than because he wanted to.
· He was ok as a soldier.
· He was gentler than his older brother Hans, who was anti-Semitic.
· He had a Jewish girlfriend.
· He was killed in Russia during World War II.
· He never knew he had become a father.
Well, I piqued the curiosity of our group leader and she bought the book. There you go.
Post a Comment